Saturday, March 30, 2013

CC First Grade Cumulative Math Assessments

I decided to throw a 20 % off sale on all of my TPT products from now through Tuesday!  (Which is back to work day for me!)  :)

Check it out here.


As promised...  I finally finished my CC 1st Grade Cumulative Math Assessments!  :)
Here is a tidbit about it:
In Ohio- we have to write Student Learning Objectives (SLOs.) These require us to have baseline data in math for all students.  The assessments are then given periodically throughout the year to measure growth. 

I made 5 cumulative math assessments.  These can be used at any point in the year but have the majority of first grade common core math standards on each one.  There are 5 assessments and you can use as many or as few of them that you need. 

Since many of the skills will not have been taught at the beginning of the year- I always tell my students to “Try your best even if the answer might be wrong.  If you get really stuck- mark it with a question mark or cross it out.”  I have included a sign stating this that can be displayed in your room.

You will also find recording sheets at the end of this document that can be sent home to communicate scores to parents or also be used to keep track of student learning in your classroom.

The first 2 pages have the standard with corresponding assessment questions.  The third page is a whole class recording sheet.  The fourth sheet is an individual recording sheet used to measure progress throughout the year. 

I will use these assessments as jump off points for where to begin instruction at the beginning of the year.  I still will use pre-assessments and post assessments weekly during instruction.

I designed these assessments to have the same type of questions for easy grading and comparing of scores.  This way you can tell if they miss question #8 on asessment1 and 2- you can tell that they are struggling with comparisons.  #8 on each of the 5 assessments are all comparison questions.

For #27 and #28- I actually give the addition assessment once a week starting second quarter.  Once a child passes it- they start taking the subtraction assessment once a week.  This way it gives them multiple times to try to pass it!

 You can download copies of the timed assessments here for free!  :)

Here is an example of one of the assessments:

Instead of just giving away this today.  I decided to have a HUGE giveaway!  I plan to include a TPT gift certificate, this, and a few other CC goodies of mine.
BTW- I am finally getting better at Pinterest and have started pinning better.  I have been keeping track of all of my favorite CC treasures on this board: http://pinterest.com/daniellelasota/common-core/
Feel free to check it out!
I should post about the giveaway tomorrow
So stop back by!  :)
 

 

Signature

1 comment:

  1. I am now following your common core board on Pinterest thanks for leaving the link. I am in CA but always interested in what everyone is doing for Common Core since we are trying for consistency across the states.Thanks for the freebies.

    ReplyDelete