Monday, October 24, 2011

Parent-Teacher Conferences

Round 1 of our parent-teacher conferences are next week!

Some of my pre-conference forms have been rolling in and I have noticed very similar questions that have been asked.  I created a handout to give my parents at conferences.
I also give each parent a list of quarterly expectations, an apple and my students make an apple shaped parents are teachers too poem.

These are the items that I show parents during conferences:
-Their child's DRA, fluency and sight word graph (quarterly expectation is labeled)  You can download these for FREE here.
-Statistics from my class DRA, fluency and sight words in graph form.  (I do this so I can show parents where their child lies in my class.  When I first started this I was unsure if it was a good idea but I keep doing it because I have many parents that don't realize that I have many students equally as high as they their child etc.)
-I also spend the time creating an action plan to help their child with a skill (either to catch up or enrichment.)



Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment